Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Harris mula belajar membaca

It is almost a week since I met Ms Harvey for Harris's assesment discussion at school last week, Friday. I still remember, how nervous I was when Ms Harvey mentioned to me her expectation to Harris to be able to read and count by July next year. I was rolling my eyes when she showed me the recommended books for Harris to start reading. I was wondering myself, how could I deal with all these as I have never experienced reading English in early age as Harris before. All I knew is learning to read in Malay by suku kata like..ba ba ca ca and so on.

Suprisingly, yesterday, Harris managed to read and recognize certain words like

-slug
-he
-was
-I
-am
-a

I was a bit relief. I thought, I was not going to make it. Everytime, when we spend our time reading together, Harris smiling and says how he wants his mommy to pretend as a teacher and he is as a school boy. Milan as usual, join us in the loop but holding more simple book rather than his brother. She amuse very much her baby's book. For sometimes, I can see, her staring a lot on the pictures try to absorb some inputs in her head.

I found myself, much better to divide my time with my children. I still can get time to browse a book with Milan peacefully without Harris interfere it.

No comments: